Summary of Benefits – NTMA members receive numerous benefits in the areas of advice and assistance, advocacy, member discount programs (affinity programs), benchmarking data (statistical data), education and training and most importantly networking on a local and national level.
Chapter Membership— NTMA is comprised of 34 Local Chapters throughout the US that are affiliated with NTMA. Members belong to a chapter if there is one active in their area. This provides many of the same benefits but on a local level based on the needs of the community the chapter is in.
The Michiana Chapter of the NTMA founded in 1973 with a small group of individuals who shared a common thought…success in the manufacturing industry here in Michiana cannot be achieved unless we work as a team. The primary purpose of the chapter was to promote the precision custom manufacturing industry in the region and to provide members with the services and information that will assist them in being the ‘best in the business. Throughout the years, our regular members continue to be small businesses, with workforces ranging from 2 to 200 employees, mostly family-owned and operated. The enhancement of bringing on associate members brought relationships to members from companies who provide
service, equipment or materials to the machining industry. Our position as a productive and successful chapter can be tracked back to the early
1990’s. Over the past twenty years, the Michiana Chapter hosted many prestigious speakers at our general membership meeting programs. Visits by the NTMA National Chairman, local government officials and other NTMA National officers occur on an annual basis for almost twenty years. Annual
chapter golf outings provided a host of networking opportunities and affiliate support since 1992 and continue to do so today. www.mcntma.org
What better source of information than from other members who are willing to share their experiences?
- Network at National and/or Chapter meetings
- Join the NTMA Group on Linkedin, and participate or follow discussions posted by fellow members, on industry related topics
- Emerging Leaders Program for next generation members.
The NTMA/PMA “One‐Voice” Coalition –Working together to better support manufacturing in America. We Continue to Make a Difference!
NTMA also has a PAC that it uses to influence politicians titled CFASE‐ committee for a strong economy
SEMINARS AND ROUNDTABLES
NTMA members get the latest updates on industry operations from professions through meetings in these deciplines:
- CFO Roundtables
- Plant Manager Seminars
- Sales & Marketing Roundtables
- HR Roundtables
Many members are getting back much more than the cost of their annual dues! Below are just few of the programs available to our members:
- APPI Energy Savings Program* AIX Liability Insurance
- Citrix Go To Meeting & Conferencing Ovation Payroll Services
- Staples Office Supplies Online
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- NTMA University‐over 500 modules‐classes‐are being taken by members
- Chapter‐Sponsored Training Programs
- Industry Training Textbooks & Other Related Materials
- NTMA Entry Employee Selection System
- National Robotics League (NRL), which hosts a national competition of “battle bots” that encourages teen aged kids in high schools and colleges to utilize STEM skills NTMA is committed to addressing the shortage of skilled labor in manufacturing, and providing valuable educational programs and training materials for our industry.
National Tooling & Machining Association
NTMF is a foundation that was set up in the 1980’s to provide educational
support through grants to support the industry. Currently the foundation has
~$3.8MM in assets.
- Operating Cost & Executive Compensation (OCEC) Reports The NTMA OCEC report details industry performance norms, giving members a tool to measure how their company is doing.
- Wage & Fringe Report The NTMA Wage and Fringe Benefit Report gives average wages and benefits paid to shop personnel. It’s divided by region so equal comparisons can be made.